Who are we ??
Sydney's Gay and Lesbian Field Hockey Club Association Incorporated was established in February 1996 during the Mardi Gras Festival. At this time we formed the first Gay and Lesbian Field Hockey Club in the world. The Club is active mainly in the summer, when we play in a mixed (male and female) field hockey competition at Little Bay as part of the University of NSW competition.
The Bentstix is member of Team Sydney and PinkHockey, a worldwide network for GLBT field hockey players. PinkHockey is member of the GLISA & EGLSF
We have approximately 50 members. Each year during Mardi Gras we run the Australian PinkHockey Championship tournament.
We still looking for enthusiastic players to join us !!
What do we do ??
- Bentstix fields 2 mens teams in the Sydney Hockey Association Winter Competition. In 2009, we also want to field a Women's team so contact us if you're keen!
- Matches are usually played Saturday afternoon or evening and sometimes Sunday afternoon.
- Training is at 6:30pm on Monday evenings (from 30 March) at Kyeemagh Hockey Field, Kyeemagh. Fitness training sessions are also held at 7pm on Wednesday evenings (from 1 April) at Alan Davidson Oval, Sydney Park.
What is the Bentstix way ??
- Fun, friendly and a great way to meet and make new friends
- Providing opportunities for Gay & Lesbian people to play competitive field hockey in an accepting and supportive environment
- Fostering pride in our achievements as we represent Sydney in tournaments in Australia and abroad
- Promoting gay and lesbian field hockey both locally and internationally in an effort to build participation worldwide.
Everyone is welcome to join our club, as long you are a field hockey player or a fan of the game you are more than welcome to join. It is not important whether you are a good hockey player or just a beginner. Enjoyment is the most important requirement
Our contacts :